Monday, July 23, 2007

And We're Off!

Well folks, the next chapter of this adventure begins in about an hour. My sister arrived from D.C. yesterday afternoon and we picked up our rental car - a Chevy Trailblazer with a navigation system. Quite a sweet ride! 'Loaded up the back yesterday afternoon (thank God for unseasonally mild weather). It is PACKED!!! No room for nuthin' and I ended up having to leave some of my favorite pictures behind with Mr. D for the time being.

Mr. D found a room to rent with a very nice couple just 10 minutes from our house. We are putting the house up for rent to save money. Hopefully the market will get better and we can try to sell next summer.

I'll try to blog from the road but I don't know what internet access will be like.

Here's the route in case we disappear off the radar:
Day 1: Durham to New Albany, IN (just NW of Louisville, KY)
Day 2: New Albany to Lincoln, NE
Day 3: Lincoln to Evanston, WY (just east of the WY-UT border)
Day 4: Evanston to Reno, NV ... stay with our wonderful cousin Jenny
Day 5: Reno to San Francisco/Berkeley ... apartment hunting with my sister to find her a place for grad school adventures
Day 6: Bay Area to HOME (Newport Beach, CA)
Day 7: Home to Santa Catalina Island ... 26 miles across the sea for a much needed vacay in our family's little paradise - the seaside town of Avalon

Lots of pics to come!

Time to road trip...

1 comment:

Sara Leonard said...

Man, I was hoping that putting your house up for rent meant that Wisdom could go with you, but I understand why he can't. And it probably makes sense in the long run.

I hope you have a good trip.

Love on your papa.

Sara