Wednesday, March 05, 2008

My Hips Don't Lie

Today Mom and I tried a new exercise class being offered at our gym...


A bit of mamba, a little o' salsa and a lot of cha cha, Instructor Eddie had us shaking our groove things for an hour straight. It was the fastest hour of cardio I have EVER experienced - what a fun way to burn almost 800 calories (yes, that's right, I said 800 calories).

Thanks to Eddie, Nancy (step class), Mel (our "Vutuko" tambourine dance teacher - another one that will kick your booty), and Abby (my amazing personal trainer), I have a rediscovered vitality and a basal metabolic rate that is about to shoot off the charts. I'm waking with the alarm at 5:30 a.m., hitting the gym with Abby or on my own, and then coming back for a class most nights of the week. I am less hungry overall and more aware of what I put into my body. I am drinking water like a fish. I am shedding the pounds.

And, best of all, I feel GRRRRRRRRRRRRREAT!

1 comment:

Sara Leonard said...

Congratulations! You're helping keep me motivated, too! I just finished a 4 week personal training class and am about to head off to the gym today. You go girl!!!!