Monday, May 12, 2008

Me Likey the Vino

Last weekend was incredible! Mom, sister and I headed up to Santa Ynez with our Aunt Minnie, Emily and Elizabeth. We had bought a wine tour at a silent auction event last fall and decided to have a little girl's weekend/early Mother's Day celebration.

What a day! We toured the valley in style, in our Mercedes Airstream limo bus, stopped at four wineries and a yummy cafe in Los Olivos for lunch. By the end of the day, we were rolling down the hills (literally: see evidence below).

Happy Girls!

Rolling down the hills at Fess Parker (Winery #3 out of 4).
Not a great idea but highly entertaining for the rest of us!


We got home Saturday afternoon after a 5-hour crawl down the 405, reunited with our puppy and went to see Iron Man. My brother was in town for Mother's Day, and S came along too - it was an awesome movie and there is nothing better than holding hands in a movie theater. It's so innocent and fun. I know, I'm gross.

Sunday we went to Mother's Day Brunch at one of our favorite hotels in town. The theme was "Queen For a Day" and they had trumpeters herald the entrance of each mother. Mom had to take a picture on a throne, wearing a tiara and all. :) It was a tough Mother's Day as the first one without Daddy but I'm glad we could all be together.

So here it is, Monday morning. 6 more weeks until I bid farewell to my job and only two more months until I pack up and head north for school. What a year it's been!

No comments: