Friday, October 05, 2007

Crappy Day

Not 'cuz anything particularly bad happened ... just 'cuz it was crappy. Tomorrow is the burial, followed by a memorial service, then a reception at our aunt and uncle's house. I'm exhausted just thinking about it. It will be really nice to focus on my dad but really hard to go through hours and hours of well-wishes and hugs from people I barely know. Everyone means well I'm sure but it's so hard to be reminded by the look in people's eyes that all of the sudden my father is gone and they're so sorry.

'Don't mean to sound ungrateful, it just doesn't feel good.

Not to mention today is the 1-year anniversary of my beautiful friend Lisa's untimely death. This tragedy seemed to the first of a series of unfortunate events over the past year.

I'm done with unfortunate events. Will someone please inform God?

No comments: