Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Haunting Memories

Last year at this time I was posting cute pictures of dogs in Halloween costumes. This year I am dreading the obligatory Halloween festivities. This was one of Dad's favorite holidays. He and my brother spent hours building a haunted house in our garage and scaring the little darlings that trekked down the road. Our street was always closed to traffic because of so many children so it was like one big block party. My parents made fish stew and hot captains and all of our friends came over.

This year the friends are still coming. We're making fish stew (and my favorite chili recipe) and Dad's covenant group is building the haunted house for us. For the most part it will be just like last year. With one major and heartbreaking exception.

No comments: