Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Happy Freaking Birthday

Today I am 27. And since I'm home I got a little dose of our traditional family strings/present scavenger hunt. Under normal circumstances I'd be bouncing off the walls on my birthday eve, unable to sleep and up at the crack of dawn. I LOVE birthdays, especially birthday strings! But this morning I must have pressed snooze five times before I dragged my ass out of bed and got dressed.

Mom and sister gave a valiant effort at making my birthday morning as enjoyable as possible under the circumstances. But I just didn't feel like celebrating. And still don't.

My friend Akin and I joked around about skipping our birthdays this year. I'm beginning to think perhaps that's not such a bad idea. Maybe for my 28th I'll be in a more celebratory mood.

My dad really made holidays and birthdays special. It just adds to my sadness to know that that extra dose of joy won't be there anymore...

No comments: