Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Nurse Teeny

I've been feverishly working on nursing school applications and just as feverishly seeking out HONEST insights about just what it is I am getting myself into. Lo and behold, there is an entire universe out there of blogs by student nurses and new grad nurses and veteran nurses. And I've come to two conclusions.

The first is, I am insane. But we all knew that. This is a thankless, exhausting, frustrating future into which I am about to embark. But for some masochistic reason, I am looking forward to it.

My second conclusion is that I should throw my hat (nursing cap?) into the ring and join the booming nurse blogosphere. Not for any particular reason. Just because maybe someday, someone else will Google "student nurse blog" and my insights will offer them encouragement. Or send them running for the hills. Either way, I feel that I might have something to contribute to the conversation.

It didn't seem appropriate to start such a blog in this context. This is my safe place, where I can offer more personal, sometimes raw, thoughts about the grief process and what it means to face cancer. My nursing tales belong elsewhere. So here's my new one: The Makings of A Nurse. Enjoy and feel free to pass along the link to anyone you know who may be considering a future in nursing. I promise I won't scare them - at least not intentionally.

No comments: