Wednesday, February 06, 2008

Let's Go Devils!

Round 1 goes to Duke!!

I watched the game with my good friends Brent and Emily. We've known them forever - their son and I grew up together, and their daughter and my sister are still best friends.

Papa Brent 'n me...

Because they're like family, I'll forgive the fact that Em went to Carolina. :) They invited me to join them at a local sports bar, where we amicably shook hands and agreed that whoever won, neither of us would gloat. When we arrived, I realized it was a UNC alumni event!!! Needless to say, I was the only one with a smile on my face as the final minutes wound down. I'm sure I drew some ire and will probably not be invited back. But it felt so good to (quietly) cheer in a room filled with Carolina blue!

In one month and two days, the rivalry will move up Highway 15-501 to Cameron Indoor Stadium for the last game of the regular season. Oooh, will it be a doozy!!!

Greg Paulus, the 3-point wonder. 6 of 8 from behind the arc.
He's been incredible lately!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

uh yeah, a doozy...especially when we have a point guard.
-anna

Teeny Jo said...

Point guards can't stop Duke from raining 3's all night. Give credit where credit is due...