Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Thank You Daddy!

Well my guardian angel has gotten right to work 'cuz the pieces keep falling into place for this surgery. I had a fantastic consult with the doctor this morning - he was friendly, informative, clear and took as much time as I needed. He even drew little diagrams to explain what was going on now and what the surgery would do.

Then I went to meet with his scheduling nurse in the hopes they might be able to squeeze me in as early as possible in January (he's out of town next week until Jan. 2nd and I figured there's no way they could find a place for me this week).

Lo and behold, when his scheduling nurse called the hospital about OR availability, someone had JUST called to cancel an appointment for tomorrow. Whadduya know!?!?! I should be feeling human again by the weekend and pretty decent by Christmas. And I'll be ready and raring to go for our family trip to Hawaii in January. Nice.

So on Wednesday, December 19th at about 4 pm PST, think happy thoughts and say a little prayer. I hate general anesthesia but I hate gallstones more.

No comments: