Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Creaky Knees

So I decided today that since I've been working so hard and seeing good results, I was ready for the infamous "Step and Sculpt with Nancy" class at the gym. My mom and sister, who are regulars, as well as Nancy herself, have all been encouraging me to come for the last couple weeks. So my boss and I decided we would try it together.

Well, it kicked my a**!!! I'm going to hurt in entirely new places tomorrow. She dumbed it down for us and I still missed a bunch of steps.

But boy am I addicted to the endorphin rush that follows a good workout! And I am sure as hell going back Thursday for the next class. The combination of fitness, coordination and balance is a fantastic challenge, especially considering that she also throws in a good 20 minutes of strength training and ab work at the end. What I loved is that when she could see we were getting tired, she exclaimed "Yes you can!" and it gave us that extra bit of motivation to finish a sequence or keep doing those impossible arm lifts.

Tomorrow morning Ari and I begin our twice-weekly morning walk routine. Gotta keep it up - spring is just around the corner. And nursing school soon after, which will take a lot of physical strength and endurance!

Coming soon: a blog about my "suitcase of hope".

No comments: