Sunday, January 27, 2008

The Year of the Doctor

Someday, when I'm all grown up and have a better sense of humor about life's trials and tribulations, I will look back on these moments with a fond smile and an amused shake of my head.

But for now, I am PISSED! I woke up this morning with a roaring headache - too much wine last night, perhaps? So I took a Motrin and got on with my day. By the time I was sitting at the movies with my friend, I couldn't stop coughing. By the time I got home, I was ready to be horizontal on the couch. My entire body ached and I was burning up. Why? Because apparently I have 102-degree fever!!!!

This is the second time in my young adult life I actually got the flu vaccine, and the second year in the same time span that I have had the flu this bad. Guess when I got sick the last time? The last time I got vaccinated! That mother took almost three weeks to get over. And thus far, this one is worse.

Not that I would use my bad luck to discourage the flu vaccine. As a future health care worker, I know how important it is and I know that statistically, I was bound to get sick at some point anyway.

But I'll be damned.

No comments: