Wednesday, January 30, 2008

The Suitcase of Hope

In honor of surpassing my 30-pounds lost milestone (go me!), I thought it was time to share about my suitcase of hope...

Over the past couple of years, as I steadily gained weight thanks to the combined forces of emotional eating, depression and a complete lack of physical activity, I began stashing away some of my favorite outfits that just didn't fit anymore. When I decided to move home to California, I donated some of these clothes, threw away the ones that were old/ripped and of no use to anyone, and packed the rest of them into a suitcase that I then stored in my mother's closet. I resolved that before I moved again, I would fit back into those clothes.

I don't think I'm quite there yet. But I'm thinking perhaps it's time I start taking out one item a week and hanging it in my closet. There's nothing like wanting to fit back into a super cute outfit for a little extra motivation!

No comments: