Saturday, January 19, 2008

Porque, Queso?

Well I may be against the concept of "blowing it" as far as healthy eating is concerned, but that doesn't mean I can't kick myself when I forget/overlook the fact that I no longer have a gallbladder.

Tonight we dined with my aunt and uncle at our favorite hole-in-the-wall Mexican restaurant. The best margaritas in town! For some reason I was all over the free chips. Then my uncle ordered a big plate of extremely cheesy nachos with guacamole. Yum! I gobbled those puppies down like there was no tomorrow. As did everyone else. By the time our actual dinner came (which I smartly shared with my mom), we were all stuffed.

And then my body rebelled. "Teenyjo, how the hell can I digest this stuff without a gallbladder?" it scolded. We had to cut the festivities short because my stomach couldn't take it anymore.

The way I see it, my gallbladder removal was like an insurance policy against making unhealthy food decisions. And tonight, my premiums went up. But I'll drink some water and take a long walk in the morning, and all will be well.

Next time, just say no to nachos! Feeling this crappy is enough of a deterrent!!

No comments: